The Intermatic PF1202 is without a doubt one of the best quality pool pump timers available to buy today. It is built with features that are easy to access and utilize combined with solid build quality. In this honest and unbiased review, we look at the features as well as pros and cons of this Intermatic pool pump timer.
Intermatic PF1202T Overview
Designed specifically for those pools with a cleaner that require one or two switches, the Intermatic PF1202T includes reliable, heavy-duty freeze protection controls that adequately protect the pool equipment, spa equipment, and plumbing against various forms of freeze damage. It comes with a user adjustable thermostat, which you can use to adjust the temperature setting yourself according to your preferences.
When the outdoor temperature drops below your desired level, the freeze protection controls turn the pump and heater on, thus preventing freezing in pipes, equipment and plumbing. With these controls, you can install switches on the inside or ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) receptacle on the side of steel enclosure to ensure the highest level of safety possible for your pool.
The Intermatic PF1202T features heavy-duty time controls that are designed especially for pools with a cleaner, requiring one or two interconnected time switches as well as freeze protection. They automatically control the filter pump and the booster pump, turning OFF the heater 20 minutes before the filter pump shuts OFF and thereby protecting the equipment against freeze damage. These controls also allow you to install switches on the inside or GFCI receptacle on the side of the steel enclosure (if you so wish).
The Intermatic PF1202T is encased in a steel housing, which gives it unmatched durability, and also has three holes for mounting purposes. It’s ideally designed for indoor/outdoor applications, including: spas, pools, filter pumps, booster pump combinations and waterfalls, and performs extremely well when it comes to preventing damage caused by freezing to the pool and spa equipment and plumbing. The device is fully automated and will provide reliable protection to the equipment over many years. It actually has 6000 minutes of operating cycles.
The Intermatic PF1202T’s all-in-one pool controls help reduce the cost of installation whilst also allowing for custom wiring – which can be very handy in satisfying special needs or local building code requirements. The great thing about these controls is that they can be installed outdoors since they are designed to withstand sun’s extreme heat, rain, high humidity and chemicals often found around pools and spas.
1. Heavy-duty time controls automatically turn the pump and heater ON whenever the outdoor temperatures drop below the desired levels
2. Provision to install switches on the inside or GFCI receptacle on the side of steel enclosure
3. User-adjustable thermostat
4. Provides the spa and pool equipment with maximum protection against freeze damage
5. Designed for pools that require one or two time switches
6. Enclosure: Steel with light beige finish
7. Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 4 1/4 inches
8. Thermostat Range: 44 degree Fahrenheit – 32 degree Fahrenheit with 5 degree differential
9. Electrical Rating: 240VA
10. Center Rating: 92Amp per leg, 168Amp Max. 120, 240VAC or 120, 240VAC single phase, 60Hz
11. Knockouts: Five combination 1/ -3/4 inch and two combination 3/-1 in. knockouts on the bottom. One combination 1/2-3/4 inch on the left side and one combination 3/4 – 1 inch on the back. One knockout 1 3/4 x 2 3/4 inch on the right side for mounting switches or GFCI
1. Extremely durable. It has a tough steel casing and solid built features
2. Secure. It comes with a lockable tamper-proof casing, which means you don’t have to worry about your kids or anyone else tampering with your Intermatic pool pump timer.
3. Versatility. It offers a provision to install switches on the inside or GFCI receptacle on the side of the steel enclosure
4. Reasonable price. The device is currently retailing at $353 on Amazon, which is quite reasonable when compared to other devices of its class.
1. The temperature sensor probe tube tends to be quite delicate and may break easily if it’s not properly handled.
From the above review information, it’s obvious that this Intermatic pool pump timer is a quality product that stands out. The timer has solid built features and will definitely outlast many similar timers of other brands in the market. The price may be on the higher side, but it’s actually a good deal given its great features and durability. We would recommend this timer to anyone looking for a quality pool pump timer that is long-lasting.