The Honeywell TI040/U Outdoor Pool Pump Timer is undoubtedly one of the best pool pump timers in the market today.
This can be attributed to the numerous positive customer reviews online and the timer’s numerous superior features. Let’s take a look at the timer’s main features to understand why the timer stands out.
1. Operating modes: The Honeywell TI040/U has 3 operating modes namely automatic, temporary bypass and manual (the conventional on/off switch).
2. Settings: The timer has up to 14 settings which are programmable for a week.
3. Connection terminals: The pump timer comes with terminals for no. 14-10 AWG wire. The timer is also 3-way multi-switch compatible. In regards to power, it is possible to connect the timer with a number of pool pumps i.e. 1.5 HP 120V 30 Ampere, 10 Ampere ballast 2HP 240 V 3O Ampere (resistive) and 10 Ampere (ballast pool pumps).
4. Dimensions: The timer measures 9.4 inches by 7.2 inches by 3.8 inches (height, width and depth respectively).
Pros and cons
The Honeywell TI040/U Outdoor Pool Pump Timer has very many pros. The cons are very few. Below is a discussion of the main pros and cons of the pool pump timer.
1. Durable: This is by far one of the most notable pros according to numerous customer reviews about the Honeywell TI040/U timer. The timer’s heavy duty weatherproof casing i.e. Nema 3R is ideal for outdoor use. You can therefore expect to use the timer for years without experiencing weather related damage.
2. Safe/Secure: The timer is also secure because of its lockable tamper-proof casing. You therefore don’t have to worry about the safety of your children or anyone who may innocently come across the pump.
3. Power options: The Honeywell TI040/U outdoor pool pump timer has 120 Volt and 240 Volt options. You can use the timer’s selectable switch to choose any suitable voltage option. Most timers in the market today falling in the same price range with the Honeywell TI040/U Outdoor Pool Pump Timer have only one power option.
4. Temporary bypass: The Honeywell TI040/U is also specially designed with a temporary bypass. This enables easy overrides without affecting the timer’s program. This well though about feature is highly praised in many reviews since it allows you to program the timer with ease.
5. Reasonable pricing: Many Honeywell TI040/U timer owners also love the fact that the timer is reasonably priced at $77.40. Most intermatic timers with similar features cost more.
6. Saves you money: The fact that the timer is programmable ensures that your pool pump runs only when it is necessary. This obviously translates to cost savings.
1. Durability issues: Although it is extremely hard to find any negative reviews on the Honeywell TI040/U pool pump timer, some customer reviews claim that the timer lasts for 6 years only. This is obviously contrary to what most people expect.
From the above information, it is obvious why the Honeywell TI040/U pool pump timer stands out. The timer has better features than most similar timers in the market today. The timer is also reasonably priced, saves you money and is safe/secure. Although there might be a few reviews on durability, the timer is definitely a strong buy. I would highly recommend the Honeywell TI040/U pool pump timer to anyone.